This recipe is written in a handwriting I don't recognize.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Karo corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs whites
- 1 package strawberry flavored gelatin (e.g., Jell-o)
- 1 cup nuts
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Boil together until mixture reaches 252°F or hard ball stage*
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff
- Beat in the strawberry flavored gelatin
- Pour syrup in slowly
- Add nuts
- Beat until candy loses its glossy sheen
*If you aren't using a candy thermometer (which I highly recommend) you can test candy the old fashioned way using cold water. Click here to read all about testing candy using cold water.